New playground Equipment and Newly renovated Flower beds
Pavilion rental arranged through City Hall at 217-368-2332. RATES APPLY
Campsites at lake
Front side camping
CITY OF GREENFIELD RIVES LAKE CAMPING REGULATIONS
CAMPING DATES – APRIL 1 THROUGH OCTOBER 31
ALL CAMPING AREAS ARE FIRST COME, UNLESS MARKED RESERVED
Bookings are through Garry White 217-491-2739
AS OF JAN 10, 2021
CAMPING AT THE GREENFIELD RIVES LAKE IS AVAILABLE APRIL 1 - OCT 31 EACH YEAR.
ALL SITES OFFER ELECTRIC AND WATER HOOK-UPS
$20 PER DAY - PER CAMPING UNIT WITH 30 amp sites
$30 PER DAY -PER CAMPING UNIT WITH 50 amp sites 11 sites 13,26,27,34,40,50,51,63,64, backside I & T
$15 PER DAY - TENT OFF PAD WITH ELECTRIC
$10 PER DAY - PER CAMPING UNIT, NOT ON PAD, NO ELECTRIC
$500 - 30 DAY CAMPING PASS on 30 amp sites
$800 - 30 DAY CAMPING PASS on 50 amp sites
FOR CAMPING RESERVATIONS CALL GARRY WHITE AT 217-491-2739
Rules regarding Rives Lake and Campground area.
1.Parents and/or guardians are responsible for minor children and guests.
2.NO LITTERING – subject to fine. PLEASE USE CAMPGROUND DUMPSTERS ONLY.
3.NO FIREARMS, Pellet or BB guns, Paint ball guns, Soft air guns, or archery equipment are also prohibited.
4.ATV, GOLF CARTS, UTV and all off road vehicles- allowed with permit issued and inspection completed by the Greenfield Police Department. Applications for these permits may be collected at Erthals Midtown Mart. Vehicles with proper permit are NOT ALLOWED in hay field areas of the grounds. Riders of these vehicles must follow rules required by the rules packet issued upon collection of permit application. Violators are subject to fine and revocation of their permit.
Electric scooters/ self propelled scooters, and any Childs toys either motor propelled or self propelled (unclassified units)- only allowed in designated camping areas. Follow and abide by signs posted prohibiting the operation beyond this point on main roadways. These units will be prohibited from operating anywhere in the designated area after DUSK. These UNITS MAY NOT BE RIDDEN under the pavilions at any time.
Bicycles- are allowed in all areas. While riding on roadway please follow the Illinois rules of the road while riding. Bicycles are prohibited to be ridden under the pavilions at any time. Bicycles are prohibited from use of the adjoining open concrete pad of the pavilion during special events. Bicycle riding in the camping areas will be also prohibited after DUSK.
5. PETS- Campers are responsible for all animals under their ownership and care. ALL animals must be on a leash not to exceed 10 feet, or in a portable confinement area. Excrement of these animals shall be removed from camping area by the owner, or person in charge of the animal. PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO RUN LOOSE.Pets found running at large are subject to impoundment at the owners’ expense as well as a fine pursuant to the code of ordinances of the City of Greenfield.
6.Large group gatherings or parties are not permitted without the approval from the Mayor or City Council. Pavilions require a reservation and must contact city hall.
Quiet hours are between 11:00 P.M. and 7:00 A.M. If a special event is taking place in the pavilion quiet time will be adjusted per the Mayor and City Council. Excessive Noise will not be tolerated. Complaints should be made to the Campground host Garry White @ 217-491-2739 or the City of Greenfield Police Department @ 217-942-6901.
7.Campfires ONLY in “bare areas” or in fire rings.
8. Please use bath houses or personal campers for restrooms. When using bath houses please utilize it in a courteous manner.
9. NO WASHING OF VEHICLES OR personal SLIP AND SLIDES
10. NO SWIMMING OR WADING IN LAKE
11. ALL Boats on city lake are required to display CITY OF GREENFIELD BOAT STICKER
- Permit may be obtained at Erthals Midtown Mart located on the south east corner of the City Square. State of Illinois license is also required for all motorized boats.
12. Any problems at the Campgrounds- contact the Greenfield City Police at 217-942-6901
- BY ORDER OF THE GREENFIELD CITY COUNCIL EFFECTIVE
- June 10, 2021